Be Grateful Today To Love Your Life!
Nov 27, 2019
In America we live in a culture of going non stop with work, family, activities, social life and keeping up with immediate demands of a fast changing world. Having the corona virus hit United States has given us the beautiful gift of pause (or maybe an extended pause). Everyone in the last few months had a moment or many where we had to stop to make adjustments because our world keeps throwing us "curve balls". Each time the "curve ball" comes we can be flexible moving forward making a conscious choice or auto responding usually causing us to react out of alignment with who we want to be. This is a perfect time to pause. I see my unexpected time off work and home with my 15 year old is a great opportunity to be grateful (some days it is hard to see this perspective). Gratitude is the Mac daddy golden nugget in life! It has the potential to dissipate all fears, anger and sadness by stopping for a few minutes and focusing on all that we do have and LOVING it!
Let me give you an example of a pause we can all relate to. Most of us pause during vacations to see the beauty around us. It's not because our life is crap or we don't live in a beautiful place. It's normal for us to forget about all the awesome beauty surrounding because it becomes part of our regular routine. I went to St Martin for a vacation and was talking to our guide on the boat. I asked him to tell me about this amazing beautiful place he lived in. He said "its not that great cause I crave not having so much sun and I get tired of being on the water everyday." I couldn't believe it! I was so taken back by his comment and it really opened my eyes to how ALL of us get stuck in the mundane routine of life. But all it would take is stop and take this pause to help us see how amazing our life is right now exactly where we are at!
Gratitude has to be part of the pause in order to give the pause any power. The pause is just a silent moment until we add the beauty of gratitude. Gratitude is this amazing gift that is always within you to raise your happiness meter! But gratitude is a muscle we have to work constantly to keep us healthy and happy daily.
So here is (10) Amazing Benefits of gratitude (the greatest gift God ever gave us):
- Gratitude shields us from negativity. When we practice gratitude we focus on what is good in our life instead of the what is going wrong. Does this mean we won't have negative thoughts? Absolutely not! Those negative thoughts are there. What we need to do is adjust our perspective and learn to see the purpose behind those negative thoughts. Sometimes the purpose is to protect us, to give us time to think, stand strong, etc. When we shift our perspective to focus on the good happening in our life, we end up shielding ourselves from the negative and empower ourselves with being grateful.
- Gratitude makes you at least 25% happier. How? By appreciating people, things, experiences and who we are, we give our life purpose. Anyone feeling connected to a purpose, they will feel more joy and peace in their life. We are all placed on the earth with a purpose but sometimes it's not so obvious on our purpose and this can be frustrating. By taking time to be grateful we stop to give ourselves time to connect with our TRUE WHO and time to listen to what this TRUE WHO says about you and your purpose. And the extra added bonus of focusing on all the good happening around you definitely is going to make you feel happier!
- Gratitude rewires your brain can increase serotonin and dopamine levels in our body. What does this mean? This gives your body a natural high. Who doesn't want more of that? Isn't that what we all search for with our next best thrill, or adventure or fun with friends? We all have access to this everyday for FREE!! This is such a great tool to add to our tool belt on our way to work (now maybe before you go to home office).
- Gratitude eliminates stress. So often we go thru life and it feels like things are just happening to YOU. Your negative thoughts can cripple you and you end up feeling stuck like a victim. Syncronize with life. You are the author. Life is for us not against us. How do we do this? First step is being grateful for all life gives us each day! Don't forget to include the little things like food, electricity, clothes, home, water, ect... Practice this daily because gratitude is a like a muscle and can become weak if it isn't worked on regularly.
- Gratitude heals your mind by restoring peace. The serenity in your mind only exists when we are able to see the good around you especially in trying times. How is it some people who are less fortunate can find true peace and joy in what they have and some who have excessive amounts of money are miserable? Because it's not about what you have or money you make, it's about finding serenity is whatever your circumstances. Gratitude restores a peaceful mind by being present in the moment.
- Gratitude improves our sleep by resting the brain in constant state of overdrive to fix and become better. Since gratitude gets us present in the moment it's difficult to focus on what we have to DO (future) or what we did (past). This gratitude helps you master harmony in your mind giving your brain infinite restoration. This harmony allows you to see clearly your road map to a peaceful mind and and invites ANYTHING into your life.
- Gratitude boosts self esteem and performance. We all experience stress and trauma but how we cope with the stress and trauma varies. Those who focus on being a victim in life and "bad" things happen to you or you have to fight to keep what you have, will feel tired and worn out by life. Slowly wearing away at our self esteem and what we believe is possible in life. When we shift our energy to focus on the positive or grateful we see all the "good" happening around us and the world feels like it is supporting us rather than taking us down. Gratitude helps us appreciate your positive life experiences.
- Gratitude enhances the law of attraction. Law of attraction invites the endless possibilities into your life giving you freedom and making anything possible. You must learn how to surrender to open the door to this endless freedom. Surrender includes playing full out in life while being grateful but give up the need to control everything.
- Gratitude improves relationships. When we are grateful for the people around you (yes even the ones who are your pain point), you attract loving relationships. Like energy is attracted to each other. So you are only able to see in the world what you have inside you. This means we are reacting to the world that exists in our mind. If you are angry you will see anger. If you don't trust you will find people cheating you. This means when you are love or give love and gratitude then you able to see how much love and gratitude you are getting.
- Gratitude brings joy! This is my favorite. Who doesn't want more joy in your life? Even if there was no other reason than this one....it's worth diving into if JOY is the end result.
These are some pretty impressive benefits. Gratitude changes everything and gives you a healthy perspective! How much time are you setting aside to be grateful? The real question is...can you afford to NOT be grateful?
Changing thoughts...changes feelings...changes your life! If you want FREE worksheet to help you see the conversations in your head keeping you stuck in destructive patterns click this link: HERE
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.