"Changing Thoughts....Changes Feelings...Changes Your Life!"
Laughter is the best medicine!
Last week was a rough week as my father in law went into the hospital with brain injury and is in serious condition. I went over to a friends house Saturday eve and I laughed until my face and stomach hurt. I didn't want to go because I was exhausted but I did and it was well worth the energy it took to get out the door.
When was the last time you sat down and uncontrollably laughed? We all need this medicine for many reasons and below I have listed a few but I want to relate laughter to getting you unstuck! We have all experienced times where we felt stuck in an area of our life. The stuck feeling usually can make us feel stressed.
Stress shows up different for everyone like:
Where? poor sleeping, debt, difficult relationships and/or work pressures. How we choose to respond will make the difference in getting ourselves unstuck in life. And our response to stress is directly linked to how happy we are.
How we describe our story around what is happening in life creates a huge difference in how we feel and ultimately what we end up doing. As a life coach we learned this basic but very effective way of understanding our destructive habits. Our thoughts make us feel a certain way and this gets us to DO certain things. This doing can be conscious, giving us choices in life or it can be unconscious and this is when it feels like we are a victim to life. When we are a victim to life, life just happens and we get stuck in destructive patterns.
Laughter is an amazing tool!
Laughter is an amazing tool to instantly turn us around when we feel we are a victim to life. This unconscious way of going thru life puts us in stressed zone where we see life as difficult. We all should have a laughter button we carry in our pocket to save us from the stressful "curve balls" in life.
Laughter has this ability to take our most painful events and give us a bit of hope and strength. One of the greatest gifts in moving yourself forward when you feel stuck is laughter. So what do you use as your "laugh button?"
Don't Miss This......
I have a picture of my husband I carry around with me because it makes me laugh. He normally has buzz hair cut but I convinced him to grow it out to have the "Richard Gere Sexy Look." Well lets just say we didn't quite get the same look and the disgusted look on his face is evidence of this. It makes me smile!
Here are some facts about how laughter affects your health.
(5) Interesting Facts About Laughter And Our Health:
1. Laughing raises your heart rate: When we laugh our body takes in deep breaths and causes our heart to race. These deep breaths allow our body to take in more oxygen improving vascular function.
2. Laughter helps you sleep: Laughter increases your production of melatonin according to Japanese researchers. Melatonin is a hormone responsible for aiding in a good nights rest.
3. Laughter gives you energy: As explained in #1 when we take in more oxygen while laughing we release endorphins giving you quick and effective energy.
4. Laughter is an anti-depressant: When you laugh your brain releases serotonin and dopamine. These hormones help our brain process emotional responses and boost our mood, overall enhancing our experience with pleasure.
5. Laughter Releases Stress: Laughter releases endorphins dissipating stress hormones released when we are stressed or anxious. These endorphins block out negative energy and lower inflammation in our body.
Laughter is so good for the soul! Not only is it like medicine for your body, heart and anxiety but it helps you get amazing sleep and energy.
I hope you have a chance today to laugh until your face hurts today! For more information on how to change the destructive patterns with your health go to FREE guide: HERE
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
Please select from the options tab what information you are seeking.